| Week of Monday September 27, 2004
- Extra credit opportunity - 4 points:
Join the Charlotte Software Process Improvement Network for a lively and insightful Panel Discussion on the merits of process… and the pitfalls of having too much with Confirmed Panelists:
Chris Deger – Wachovia
Brad Duffner – Lowe's
Joe Herrick – Duke Energy
Andy Hunt – Pragmatic Programmers
Greg Jones – Bank of America
Thursday, October 7: 6:00pm - 6:30pm Networking and Pizza, 6:30pm-8:00pm Panel Discussion, CARC 101
Please, RVSP to email@example.com if you plan to attend this meeting (pizza $1 donation).
- Dr. Conrad will be gone on Monday, October 18. During this time, the TA will check out your Lab 3 demo in the lab (Smith 347).
- Lab 3 will be posted next week.
- Homework 5 is posted.
- Lab 2 is posted. See the lab page for lab etiquette.
- The boards are in! You can use a previous semester's board, or purchase one (one per person needed, a future lab requires two for a lab group). Pay Dr. Conrad $58 in cash or check, or $59.50 if you use PayPal (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Extra credit opportunity - 4 points: IEEE Student section meeting, Wednesday, September 29, 12:30 - 1:30, CARC101, "THE IMPORTANCE OF INTERNSHIPS AND COOPS". Please, RVSP to email@example.com if you plan to attend this meeting (pizza free to members, $2 for others).
- This is not and extra credit opportunity, but a lunch and learn seminar. Listen to speakers talk about upcoming summer programs available to UNC undergraduate and graduate students through the U.S. Department of Energy, Argonne National Laboratory and the Charlotte Research Institute. When: October 1, 2004, 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Where: CARC 119. Contact Shirley Joyner at the Charlotte Research Institute, Extension 7-2186 to
reserve a space no later than Tuesday, September 28. Space is limited!