It is expected that students registered for 6185 and 8185 will do an additional project, to scope of which is agreed-upon by the instructor. Sensors/actuators or concepts that the student groups will investigate include:
- Communications via optical fiber
- Stress gauges
- Operating Systems
- Sonar sensors
- Stepper motors
- Nitinol actuators
- Other microprocessors
The deliverables include the following. Due dates and points will be determined later.
- A one-page write-up on the proposed work. You should talk to the instructor BEFORE you decide on a project. You will be graded on content and proper use of English. Due February 13.
- A report on initial activity of the project, including biographical references, code listing, designs, etc. You will be graded on content and proper use of English. You also will be graded on content and progress made. Due April 3.
- The project presentation is Friday, May 5, 3:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- A final report on activity of the project, including biographical references, code listing, designs, etc. You will be graded on content and proper use of English. Due May 8.
- The end-results of the project will be graded as follows:
- Value to the professor of the work
- Completeness of the activity ? adherence to the plan
- Quality of the work
- Level of difficulty ? appropriate for the number of participants and the level of graduate credit (ECGR8165)