Week of Monday, August 22, 2016
- NOTE: Abhi's office hours had to change due to
a conflict with a class that has reserved the space.
- Welcome to ECE 4101/5101! The class
starts Tuesday, August 23, 2016.
- Homework Assignment 1 is due Tuesday, September 6,
2016 at the start of class.
- Lab Assignment 1 is Due Friday, September 2,
2016 at 5:00 pm. It is using the MSP430 Board (not
- Please take the time to read the
- The lab assignments will use the Renesas RX63N Evaluation Board. Each student
can purchase one if they wish. Visit
Digikey, Avnet, or Future Electronics on-line sites to purchase one (about $100
- This course may use videos of lectures recorded during
the Fall 2012 and Fall 2015 semesters. The professor uses
transparencies and the document camera to teach this
- The course book is Embedded Systems: An
Introduction using the Renesas RX63N Microcontroller
by James M. Conrad, Micrium Press, 2013. A FREE copy
(pdf) is in the class website (notes page) and Moodle
site. You can NOT buy a hardcopy yet since it has not
- The lectures are on YouTube in high-definition, so make sure to choose the better resolution option (and perhaps make it full screen) for the best viewing experience.