Week of Monday, August 18, 2014
- Welcome to ECE 4101/5101! The class
starts Tuesday, August 19, 2014.
- Homework Assignment 1 is due Tuesday, August 26,
2014 at the start of class.
- Lab Assignment 1 is Due Friday, August 29,
2014 at 5:00 pm. It is using the MSP430 Board (not
- Please take the time to read the
- The lab assignments will use the Renesas RX63N Evaluation Board. Each student
can purchase one if they wish. Visit
Digikey, Avnet, or Future Electronics on-line sites to purchase one (about $100
- This course may use videos of lectures recorded during
the Fall 2011 and Fall 2012 semesters. The professor uses
transparencies and the document camera to teach this
- The course book is Embedded Systems: An
Introduction using the Renesas RX63N Microcontroller
by James M. Conrad, Micrium Press,
2013. A FREE copy (pdf) is in the class website
(notes page) and Moodle site.
You can NOT buy a hardcopy yet since it has not been
Note: Tests are open book, open notes, and you can use a pdf on a PC
or tablet during a test.
- The lectures are on YouTube in high-definition, so make sure to choose the better resolution option (and perhaps make it full screen) for the best viewing experience.