Department of Mathematics and Statistics
The University of North Carolina at Charlotte
9201 University City Blvd
Charlotte, NC 28223
§ Full Professor, July 2019 - present: University of North Carolina at Charlotte
§ Associate Professor, July 2012 - June 2019: University of North Carolina at Charlotte
§ Assistant Professor, January 2007 - June 2012: University of North Carolina at Charlotte
§ Research Staff, March 2006 - December 2006: Princeton University
§ Postdoc, March 2004 - February 2006: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
§ Faculty, before October 2005: Peking University
§ Department of Management Sciences, City University of Hong Kong, China, 1997, 2000, 2001
§ Department of Statistics, University of California at Berkeley, CA, USA, 1998 -1999
§ Department of Statistics, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, China, 2001, 2002, 2003
§ Department of Statistics, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 2003
Selected academic honors & awards
1) Junior Faculty Development Award, UNC-Charlotte, 2011.
2) 2nd Place Science and Technology Award, Beijing Municipal Science & Technology Commission (www.bjkw.gov.cn), 2004. (with Liming Li, Yonghua Hu, Zhi Geng, etc.)
3) Gangsong Prize, Peking University, 2002.
4) Aetna Prize, Peking University, 1998.
5) Visiting Researcher Funding from University of California, 1998.
6) 3rd Place Excellent Teacher Prize, Peking University, 1998.
7) 2nd Place National Prize for Improving Statistics Science and Technology, National Bureau of Statistics of China, 1998.
8) Gallup Prize for Excellent Paper, Academic Research Conference for Youth on Probability and Statistics in Beijing and Tianjin, 1997.
9) Aetna Prize, Peking University, 1995.
10) 1st Place and 2ndPlace Scholarships, Nankai University, China, 1993, 1994.
Current editorial service
1) Associate Editor, Statistica Sinica, 2017/08 –2020/07 (http://www3.stat.sinica.edu.tw/statistica/)
2) Associate Editor, Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence, 2018/07 – present (https://www.frontiersin.org/journals/artificial-intelligence#editorial-board)
3) Editorial Board Member, Journal of Testing and Evaluation (JOTE), 2012 - present (http://www.astm.org/DIGITAL_LIBRARY/JOURNALS/TESTEVAL/jote_editors.html)
4) Editorial Board Member, Journal of Mathematics, 2018/04 – present (https://www.hindawi.com/journals/jmath/editors/)
Past editorial service
1) Editorial Board Member, Chinese Journal of Mathematics, 2015-2018. (https://www.hindawi.com/journals/cjm/ )
2) Editorial Board Member, International Scholarly Research Notices，2014 – 2017. (http://www.hindawi.com/journals/isrn/)
Current Research Directions
Commnly used software includes but not limited to Python, R, SAS, MatLab, C and SQL.
Statistical consulting service is available for UNC Charlotte faculty and students for free at the office hours.