Robotics Lab (Lab
Department of Computer Science (CS
University of North Carolina at Charlotte (UNCC
Woodward Hall 200
9201 University City Blvd
Charlotte, NC 28213, USA
Research topics: Robotic Manipulation, Motion Planning, Percetpion and Tactile Sensing, Haptic Rendering.
I am a PhD student in University of North Carolina at Charlotte advised by Dr. Jing Xiao
. I received my B.S. in Mechanical Engineering and Automation from Beijing Jiaotong University
in 2014, and my M.S. in Electro-mechanical Engineering from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
I am focusing on robotic manipulation and motion planning enabled by robotic vision (perception) and tactile sensing, to increase the autonomy and intelligence of the robots.
- Huitan Mao and Jing Xiao, "Object Shape Estimation through Touch-based Continuum Manipulation", in submission to International Symposium on Robotics Research(ISRR), December, 2017.
- Huitan Mao, Mabel M. Zhang, Jing Xiao, and Kostas Daniilidis, "Shape-based Object Classification and Recognition through Continuum Manipulation", to appear at IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems(IROS), Vancouver, September, 2017.
- Huitan Mao, Zhou Teng, and Jing Xiao, "Progressive Object Modeling with a Continuum Manipulator in Unknown Environments", IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation(ICRA), Singapore, June, 2017.
- Zhou Teng, Huitan Mao, and Jing Xiao, "Automatic Object Modeling through Integrating Perception and Robotic Manipulation", International Symposium on Experimental Robotics(ISER), Tokyo, October, 2016.
- Liqin Zhu, Huitan Mao, Xiang Luo, Jing Xiao,"Determining Null-space Motion to satisfy Both Task Constraints and Obstacle Avoidance", IEEE International Symposium on Assembly and Manufacturing(ISAM), Fort Worth, Texas, August, 2016.
Last updated: Aug 7, 2017