- 09/2016: Received an NSF grant (II-New: Collaborative: A Mixed Reality Environment for Enabling Everywhere Data-Centric Work,
$399,280, Co-PI, with Dr. Aidong Lu); and a funded collaboration in NSF-I/UCRC ($35,000 per year, PI).
- 05/2016: Three papers accepted by MICCAI'16. Menglin's paper accepted as oral!
- 04/2016: Three papers accepted by IJCAI'16 (Check out Shu Wang's excellent work on visual tracking).
- 03/2016: Two papers accepted by CVPR'16, focusing on fine-grained image categorization.
- 01/2016: Three co-authored papers are among the most cited articles published in Medical Image Analysis since 2011,
including the sparse shape composition
among top three.
- 01/2016: Received my teaching evaluation for Fall 2015. Overall I got 4.57 for Algorithms and 4.78 for Computer Graphics (dept. average ~4.0).
Here is the Quantitative and Qualitative Summary.
- 01/2016: Several journal papers to appear in TPAMI (congrats to Xiang!), MedIA and JBHI (Xiaofan!).
- 10/2015: Congrats to Menglin (my co-supervised student) who received the MICCAI'15 Young Scientist Award (4 out of 810),
for our work on the image-guided diagnosis of intraductal breast lesions.
- 08/2015: In this summer I visited the Media Analytics Department at NEC Labs America,
working with a group of excellent researchers on fine-grained image categorization.
- 08/2015: Three papers accepted by MICCAI 2015, including two orals (~4% acceptance rate).
- 03/2015: We released the mammogram dataset for image retrieval.
Details in our TBME paper.
- 03/2015: I accepted the invitation to serve as the associate editor of Neurocomputing.
- 03/2015: Congrats to Xiaofan
for her papers accepted by ISBI'15 (among 18 finalists of the Best Student Paper), CVPR'15 and IPMI'15!
- 10/2014: I will serve as the area chair of ISBI'15, and session co-chair on imaging cellular processes.
- 09/2014: Several journal papers to appear in TPAMI
(large-scale image retrieval
and feature matching),
TMI (hashing medical images and
low-dose CT perfusion),
TBME (mammogram retrieval),
MedIA (sparse deformable models
and fast SSC).
- 08/2014: I will be the guest co-editor of a special issue in
Computerized Medical Imaging and Graphics, on the topics of
Sparsity Techniques in Medical Imaging.
- 07/2014: I am co-organizing two MICCAI workshops this year:
Sparsity Techniques in Medical Imaging
Dr. Yoram Bresler and Dr. Daniel Rueckert) and
Medical Computer Vision: Algorithms for Big Data
(keynote speakers: Dr. Xiang Zhou
and Erik G. Learned-Miller).
- 05/2014: I received the 2014 Ralph E. Powe Junior Faculty Enhancement Award from Oak Ridge Associated Universities
(two nominations from each institute, 35 awardees out of 134 applicants).
- 04/2014: Two papers accepted by MICCAI (early acceptance). Congrats to Xiaofan and Yan!
- 04/2014: Our paper on
mining histopathological images via hashing
won the Best Paper Travel Award in
ISBI 2014 (3 awardees out of ~600 submissions).
Congrats to Xiaofan!
This is the project page.
- 02/2014: Our FG paper on American Sign Language Recognition
was selected and accepted by the IVC special issue on Best of Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition 2013.
10/2013: This is the Matlab code of our
Sparse Shape Composition, with very efficient solvers
(i.e., much faster than our Python code using different solvers).
Thanks to Guotai Wang for preparing this!
10/2013: This is the project page of our ICCV'13 paper on face tracking.
Code is also released.
- 08/2013: We released Python code for our ECCV paper on large scale image retrieval [project page].
- 05/2013: A journal paper accepted by Medical Physics
and chosen as the front cover and featured article.
This is a collaboration with Shanghai Jiao Tong University. Congrats to Guotai Wang.
- 04/2013: We organized a special session on sparsity in ISBI'13 (San Francisco). I gave a talk
about our sparse deformable models (an abstract in ISBI, a full paper in IPMI'13).
Also thanks to Dr. Dinggang Shen,
Dr. Li Wang,
Dr. Yan Zhou, and
Dr. Tsuhan Chen
for their contributions and great talks.
- 03/2013: We visited the National Space Biomedical Research Institute
(NSBRI) and showed our real-time
demo (face tracking + expression recognition) to NASA people, including two astronauts.
We received one-year grant and will install our system in NASA Johnson Space Center this year.
- 03/2013: I gave a talk in the workshop of CDDA at Stony Brook
(The Center for Dynamic Data Analytics,
NSF-I/UCRC, between Rutgers and Stony Brook).
We got two grants on medical imaging projects (GE Global Research and BioClinica).
Also kudos to Zhennan for his best poster award.
- 02/2013: Two papers accepted by IPMI'13.
Kudos to Mingchen Gao (Segmenting Papillary Muscles and Trabeculae)
and Yang Yu (Sparse Deformable Models with Application to Cardiac Motion Analysis).
- 11/2012: An oral presentation in FG'13 on American Sign Language recognition. Congrats to Jingjing Liu and
This is a collaboration with
Carol Neidle's group in Boston University.
- 09/2012: Co-organized the
Fall 2012 Workshop of
Center for Dynamic Data Analytics (CDDA). My proposed research project on medical image segmentation
received top one evaluation from our industrial partnerships and also got a grant from BioClinica ($35K per year).
- 06/2012: Two papers accepted by ECCV'12, and two by MICCAI'12. Kudos to Xinyi
(Background subtraction using group sparsity and low-rank constraint) and Mingchen.
- 10/2011: Passed my PhD dissertation defense.
Thanks to my committee members: Dimitris Metaxas, Vladimir Pavlovic, Tina Eliassi-Rad, and Ron Kikinis.
- 09/2011: Our paper
Deformable Segmentation via Sparse Shape Representation was selected as the MICCAI'11 Young Scientist Award Finalist.
The Python code was released.
- 10/2010: Our paper
Efficient MR Image Reconstruction for Compressed MR Imaging won the MICCAI'10 Young Scientist Award.
The Matlab code was released.
- 06/2010: Presented our oral paper Automatic Image Annotation Using Group Sparsity at CVPR'10.
The Matlab code was released.
- 05/2010: Presented our oral paper Skeleton Based As-Rigid-As-Possible Volume Modeling at Eurographics 2010.
The C++ code was released, which includes mesh editing and geometry processing.
- 06/2009: Presented our paper LV Surface Reconstruction from Sparse tMRI using Laplacian Surface Deformation and Optimization at ISBI 2009.
The C++ code was released.